Keeping Your Golf Cart Insurance Premium in Check
As surprising as it may be, there are many golf cart accidents annually, which result in personal injury, property damage and even death. Since golfing is intended to be fun, relaxing and enjoyable outdoor activity, review the following safety tips to keep you and your fellow golfers safe.
- Drivers and passengers should remain seated while the vehicle is moving at all times.
- Never exceed the maximum capacity for a golf cart- everyone needs his or her own seat.
- Slow down and honk when reaching an intersection to alert other drivers and pedestrians of your presence.
- Reduce your speed when approaching pedestrians; they always have the right away.
- Reduce your speed when turning and passing other carts.
- Use the safety mirrors when approaching intersections.
- Keep all body parts inside the golf cart when in motion.
- When it is not in use, Place the golf cart’s level in the neutral position, and remove the key.
- Do not shift gears while the vehicle is in motion.
- Maintain an adequate distance between you and other drivers.
- Your maximum speed will depend on your terrain and weather conditions.
Generally you should operate a golf cart at the same speed as a well-paced walk. Remember: Much of the same rules and principles apply when driving a golf cart as they do on the road. The bottom line: Drive with caution while respecting others. This way, everyone can enjoy the course without having an accident.