Expert Witness Services
Expert Witness Services In Arizona
Having held a Life and Health license for over thirty years an Arizona Property and casualty License for almost four decades, David Mitchell (“David”) has become an avid advocate of people’s rights in insurance claims. For over twenty five years, David as held the Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) certification, an achievement which less than 1% of all insurance specialists in the United States can boast. To gain the CIC, each applicant must achieve at least 100 hours of specialized classes that contain five challenging examinations regarding the applications of insurance policies in the context of the clients as well as the policies and procedures of the providing agencies. In addition to this, a CIC needs to achieve at least 20 classroom instruction hours per year that cover various types of insurance policies. David’s achievements have seen him delivering over 500 hours of instruction involving insurance policies with CIC.
Ideal Insurance Agency was co-founded by David and his father, Jack Mitchell, back in 1982. The family business also includes David’s brother Dan Mitchell. David is responsible for writing and developing many of the life policies offered by Ideal Insurance Agency, and he is involved in many aspects of the business, including finances, marketing, human resources and strategic planning, as well as being the casualty Operations Manager and Director of the Commercial Property for the family business.
Through the National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research, David has instructed many continuing education insurance courses for Arizona’s Independent Insurance Agents as well as the Customer Service Representation Designation since 2002 that focuses on both personal and commercial lines courses that encompass personal and residential auto, including Agency Operations. This specialty course lays the foundations of the duty of care required by insurance providers and includes many human resource aspects and a host of insurance agency procedures. This state approved course is ideal for life and health insurance as well as property and casualty insurance.
Don’t Just Be a Good Driver, Be a Responsible Driver
David has a strong focus on serving the community, having served the Arizona Insurance State Producer Licensing Exam(s), to do this this by reviewing sections for the Arizona Insurance State Producer Licensing Exams, something he has been doing for over two decades. He reviewed both life and health insurance and property and casualty.
David has received world renowned education from a number of educational institutions. David received his Bachelors in Management in 1995, going on to complete his Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) in 1998 from the University of Phoenix. David received a second Master’s Degree in Human Resources (MA.HR) from Ottawa University in 2001. David also holds the HRC1 Senior Professional Human Resource Designation (SPHR) as well as the Senior Certified Professional in HR (SCP) that is issued by SHRM. These two professional designations are the highest offered in Human Resources.
David serves on the Northern Arizona University PL Management Advisory Board. He has served on this board since October of 2018.
Articles Written and Published include:
- HR Risk Management Tip-Employees Using Their Own Vehicles for Company Business February 2006. Published by News and Views 2005 (Independent Insurance Agents of Arizona Publication) also revised and published in HR & Employment Law Compliance Guide for Arizona Employers
- How to Navigate Employees through the Storms of Our Economy. Co-authored with Stewart Segall PhD News and Views March/April 2009
- Independent Contractors or Employees News and Views March 15, 2011
- Happy New Year It’s That Time Again News and Views Co-authored with John Perkins MBA, SPHR January/February 2012
- Is it a Just a Job or is it a Profession? The Auto-Owners Trade Magazine Emblem August 2016
Expert Witness Cases Worked in Arizona
Cases worked on by David Mitchell CIC, MBA, MA.HR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP where a report was submitted, deposition taken, and if the case went to trial
- Robert and Patricia Rawnsley, as husband and wife; and Mary Joan Benson, a single person, v. American Family Mutual Insurance Company, a Wisconsin corporation; Arizona Public Service Company, in addition American Family Mutual Insurance Company, a Wisconsin corporation v. Arizona Public Service Company, an Arizona Corporation. (Consultant defendant)
- Lumberyards Inc. and RS Management vs M & O Agencies Inc. d/b/a The Mahoney Group and Stephen L. Perkins and Jane Doe Perkins husband and wife (Consultant defendant, provided written opinion and testified in a deposition)
- Kristen Wolf and Kenneth Montoya Plaintiff’s vs The Mega Life and Health Insurance Company; The Mega Life and Health Insurance Company, Mid-West National Life Insurance Company, Richard Stewart an individual and Does 1-100 (Consultant defendant, and provided my written opinion)
- Michael G. Tyson vs. Town of Paradise Valley, a municipal corporation; State Farm Fire and Casualty a foreign corporation (Consultant defendant)
- Donald Olson and Robin Olson v The Mega Life and Health Insurance Company; Alliance for Affordable Services and Owen and Jane Doe Skousen, husband and wife, Arizona Residents (Consultant defendant and provided written opinion)
- Timothy Wright vs. Country Mutual Insurance Company; Anthony Walsenburg and Jane Doe Walsenburg husband and wife; and Anthony Walsenburg Insurance Agency, Inc. (Consultant defendant)
- Babbitt v Farmers New World; Musa Family Insurance Agency; Janice Musa and John Doe Musa husband and wife (Consultant defendant and provided written opinion)
- Kerry Zang D.P. M. and Virgina Zang v Metropolitan Life Insurance Company; Steven Neal Nager and Jodi Lustig (Consultant defendant and provided my written opinion)
- Liberty International Underwriters v The Weitz Company; Senior Enterprises Inc. d/b/a Skunk Creek Iron Works and S. Diamond Steel Inc. v Third Party Defendants Trissel, Graham, and Tool (TGT) (Consultant defendant, provided written opinion and testified in deposition)
- Ronald B. Joseph, M.D. and Krista Joseph v Metropolitan Life Insurance Company; Thomas W. Beal and Jane Doe Beal (Consultant defendant)
- Farmers Insurance Company of Arizona and Farmers Insurance Exchange Plaintiffs v Wayne Martella and Carol Martella; husband and wife; Kevin A Howard, a single man real party in interest Defendants. Wayne Martella and Carol Martella, husband and wife, counterclaimants v. Farmers Insurance Exchange. Wayne Martella and Carol Martella, husband and wife Third Party Plaintiffs v. Douglas L. Snyder, CLU, LUTCF, and Jane Doe Snyder, husband and wife d/b/a Third Party Defendants. (Consultant Plaintiff and provided written opinion)
- Loava Garland, an Arizona resident Plaintiff vs. Primerica Life Insurance Company a licensed insurer Robert Harmon and Shenetta Harmon, husband and wife (Consultant defendant, and provided written opinion)
- Christine Hague individually and on behalf of McCalsister and Aiden Hague, minors, vs Bill Houston and Arizona Insurance Broker, Jane Doe Broker and John Doe Broker, husband and wife; Brian Stevens and Jane Doe Stevens, husband and wife Deposition taken April 3, 2012 (Consultant defendant, provided written opinion, and testified in deposition)
- Terri Brown, a married woman; Danny Martinez and Robin Martinez husband and wife dba Jireh Consulting and Training, a New Mexico Corporation Plaintiffs vs Underwriters at Lloyds London a foreign corporation authorized to do business in the United States; Horst Agency LLC, a New Mexico Limited Liability Corporation; James Arnold; John and Jay Does 1-5; Black Partnerships 1-5 White Corporations 1-5 CV2011-097891 (Consultant Plaintiff and provided written opinion)
- Kenneth Preston and Laura Preston, husband and wife, Plaintiffs vs Mark A Gama and Jane Doe Gama, husband and wife CV2012050618 (Consultant Plaintiff, Testified at Deposition)
- Moreno Auto Repair LLC and Maria Moreno Mendota Insurance Company vs. Yolanda B. Blanco and John Doe Blanco and Best Buy abd Home Insurance (Consultant Defense)
- Case v Reliastar and McBride and counterclaim Reliastar v Case and McBride CV2011-098722 (Consultant Defendant and provided written opinion)
- Our Lady of Sierra v Sierra Vista Insurance Agency Case #57174-30 (Consultant Defendant)
- Jessye Schmalian aka Jessye Davies aka Nick’s Place v Sierra Vista Insurance Agency CV 201200299 (Consultant Defendant and provided written opinion)
- Evanston Insurance v Hearthstone No. 208 CV 01632 (Consultant Defendant and provided written opinion)
- ALB and Buckley v CNA Financial Corporation aka Wells Fargo (Consultant Defense and provided written opinion)
- J & R Honeysuckle Enterprises Inc. v. Don Wester DBA Wester Insurance Agency (Consultant Defense and provided written opinion)
- Mary M. Murphy, individually and as conservator for her minor children, W.M. and L.M. Plaintiff, vs. Farmers, a New World Life Insurance Company, a Washington Corporation; Defendant. CV 2012-054951. (Consultant & Expert Defense and testified in deposition)
- Debra Gasson Plaintiff, vs. Country Life Insurance Company, an Illinois corporation; Brendan Carey and Jane Doe Carey, husband and wife; I-X; Jane Does I-X; ABC Partnerships I-X; and XYZ Corporations I-X CV2013-001176 (Consultant Defense Expert Witness for Defendant Brendan Carey-agent)
- Arleen J. Hann a single woman, Plaintiff, vs. Federico R. Medina and Jane Doe Medina, husband and wife Cross-claimants and Third Party Plaintiffs vs. Lane Johnson and John Doe Cotton, wife and husband; Gary Johnson and Jane Doe Johnson dba Arizona Estate Planning Service, a fictitious entity, Third Party Defendants. E Johnson Defendant CV2013-010224 (Consultant and Expert Witness for Lane Johnson Defendant)
- Jacquez H. Clemente Plaintiff vs. Darcy Vazquez Defendant A-14-706276 (Consultant and Expert Witness for Vazquez, Defendant, and provided written opinion)
- Dorothy Y. Smith, Plaintiff vs Agua Fina Irrigation & Landscape, LLC, Defendants 14CV335 Division No. 3 K.S.A. Chapter 60 (Consultant and Expert Witness for Aqua Fina, Defendant) Gave Deposition Testimony
- Gregory Hobbs and Jeanne Kafoury-Hobbs Plaintiffs v. Mark Henry, Mark Henry Insurance Agency, Inc. and Farmers Insurance Company of Arizona Defendants CV2013-015866 (Consultant and Expert Witness for Defendant)
- Timothy Egan, through assignment granted by Sagi Saati Plaintiff v Infinity Standard Insurance Company, a corporation doing business in Arizona; Christopher Michael Coriano and Jane Doe Coriano; National Insurance Agency LLC; An Arizona limited liability Company; John Does I-V; ABC-XYZ Corporations; and, Defendants Black and White Partnerships jointly and severally (Consultant and Expert Witness Plaintiff, provided deposition testimony) CV2015-090205
- BK Sterling, LLC Plaintiff v Affinity Group Management Co Inc.; Affinity Claims Management Services, LLC; Affinity Insurance Programs Marketing, LLC; National Real Estate Insurance Group; AGCS Marine Insurance Company; Andrew Brown and Jane Doe Brown; Corporate Entities x, y, and z Defendants (Consultant Plaintiff) C20145623
- Aloys Horicuboyne Plaintiff v. Teresa Robinson; Country Preferred Insurance Company (Consultant and Expert Witness Defendant, I provided written report). CV2015-091680
- Thomas and Judy Columbus Plaintiffs v Country Mutual Insurance Company, Inc. an Illinois Mutual Insurance Company Defendant (Consultant and Expert Witness Defendant, I provided a written report) CV-15-08073-PCT-SPL
- Madysen Jones, an unmarried woman, an assignee of Kwan Jin, an individual, Plaintiff, vs. Farmers Insurance Company of Arizona d/b/a Farmers Insurance Group, Inc. d/b/a Farmers Insurance Group a Nevada Corporation; Heath Pyle Insurance Agency, LLC, an Arizona limited liability company, Heath Pyle and Jane Doe Pyle, husband and wife; John Does I-X; Jane Does I-X; ABC Partnerships I-X; Def Black and White Limited Liability Companies I-X; and XYZ Corporations I-X. (Plaintiff Consultant and Expert Witness, I provided a written report) CV2016-051055
- Marguerite J. Falk, individually and in her capacity as attorney-in-fact for Byron R. Falk, wife and husband, Plaintiff vs. Bill Mulliniks and Jane Doe Mulliniks, husband and wife; State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a foreign corporation; John and Jane Does I-X; ABC Corporations I-X, Defendants. (Plaintiff Consultant and Expert Witness, I provided a written report) CV2016-051068
- AK&J SEALANT SPECIALISTS. LLC an Arizona limited liability company Plaintiff v MINARD AMES INSURANCE SERVICES LLC, an Arizona limited liability company; 1-100, JANE DOES 1-100, BLAACK CORPORATION 1-100, WHITE PARTNERSHIP 1-100, and BLUE LLCS 1-100 Defendants (Plaintiff Consultant and Expert Witness, to date I provided a preliminary report) CV2016-013869
- Thomas and Judy Columbus, husband and wife Plaintiffs v. Country Mutual Insurance Company Inc. an Illinois Mutual Insurance Company, Defendant. CV-15-08073-PCT-SPL (Defendant Consultant and Expert Witness provided a written report)
- Corrie L. May, through assignment granted by Michael Domer and Jennifer Domer, husband and wife; Plaintiff v. Frank M. Schubert, husband; Jane Doe Schubert, wife; Schubert Insurance and Financial Services, LLC, an entity doing business in Arizona; Does I-V; Defendant CV2016-009287 (Defendant Consultant)
- BRIAN SYMONS, a single man, Plaintiff vs. PJO INSURANCE BROKERAGE L.L.C., an Arizona limited liability company; ABC CORPORATIONS 1-5; an JOHN and JANE DOES 1-5 Defendants CV2016-001029 (Defendant Expert Witness, provided written report, Deposition; and went to Arizona Superior Court; Jury verdict went to the defense)
- NICHOLAS S. THOMAS Plaintiff vs. ACCC Insurance Company aka FREEDOM NATIONAL INSURANCE SERVICES, INC., a California corporation. Defendant (Plaintiff Expert Witness, provided written reports, and provided deposition testimony)
- Michelle Robson Plaintiff, v AMER-X SECURITY, INC. an Arizona corporation; LAKE NORMAN SECURITY PATROL, INC., a North Carolina corporation, doing business as Security Central; BERNARD KING and JANE DOE KING, husband and wife; BARBARA WHITE and JOHN DOE WHITE, wife and husband; LESLIE SCHOEN and JOHN DOE SCHOEN, wife and husband; WELLS FARGO INSURANCE, INC., a Minnesota corporation; and PACIFIC INDEMNITY COMPANY, a company or corporation domiciled in Wisconsin, Defendants. CV2016-006147 (Defendant Expert Witness provided written report)
- Robert and Anne Fisher Segal husband and wife vs. Diane McClure John Doe ABC partnership, XYZ Defendants (C20180124), Pima County Superior Court, State of Arizona. (Plaintiff Expert Witness provided written report)
- Performance Audio Video, Inc, vs Kapatoes Insurance Services, LLC, a Florida Limited Liability Company; Kapatoes Insurance Services, LLC limited liability company; Defendant. CV2018-007862. (Defendant Expert Witness provided a report).
- SFT, LLC an Arizona liability company, Plaintiff vs. ARIZONA PREFERRED INSURANCE AGENCY INC. an Arizona Corporation, GREGORY ORLOWSKI and JANE DOE ORLOWSKI, husband and wife, JOHN DOES 1-5, JANE DOES 1-5, BLACK CORPORATIONS and WHITE PARTNERSHIPS, Defendants. (Plaintiff Expert Witness provided a report). CV2018-014712.